Job Related Information
- Deputy Director
Center for Knowledge Management
Area(s) of Responsibility:
- Administrative Services
- Research Services
- Knowledge Management
- Collection Development
- Filtering/Evidence-Based Services
Learning Framework Skills:
CV or Resumé
- Novak LL, Harris JW, Koonce TY, Johnson KB. Design thinking in applied informatics: what can we learn from Project HealthDesign? J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2021 Aug 13;28(9):1858-1865. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocab081. PMID: 34142141; PMCID: PMC8363785.
- Koonce TY, Blasingame MN, Zhao J, Williams AM, Su J, DesAutels SJ, Giuse DA, Clark JD, Fox ZE, Giuse NB. SPI-Hub™: A gateway to scholarly publishing information. J Med Libr Assoc. 2020 Apr;108(2):286-294.
- Fox ZE, Williams AM, Blasingame MN, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Su J, Lee P, Epelbaum MI, Naylor HM, DesAutels SJ, Frakes ET, Giuse NB. Why equating all evidence searches to systematic reviews defies their role in information seeking. J Med Libr Assoc. 2019 Oct;107(4):613-617.
- Blasingame MN, Williams AM, Su J, Naylor HM, Koonce TY, Epelbaum MI, Kusnoor SV, Fox ZE, Lee P, DesAutels SJ, Frakes ET, Giuse NB. Bench to bedside: detailing the catalytic roles of fully integrated information scientists. Special Libraries Association Annual Meeting, Cleveland OH, June 2019. Best Paper Award Recipient
- Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Hurley ST, McClellan KM, Blasingame MN, Frakes ET, Huang LC, Epelbaum MI, Giuse NB. Collection of social determinants of health in the community clinic setting: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2018 Apr 24;18(1):550.
- Prather AA, Gottlieb LM, Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Stead WW, Adler NE. National Academy of Medicine social and behavioral measures: associations with self-reported health. Am J Prev Med. 2017 Oct;53(4):449-456.
- Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Prather AA, Gottlieb LM, Huang LC, Phillips SE, Shyr Y, Adler NE, Stead WW. Institute of Medicine measures of social and behavioral determinants of health: a feasibility study. Am J Prev Med. 2017 Feb;52(2):199-206.
- Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Levy MA, Lovly CM, Naylor HM, Anderson IA, et al. My Cancer Genome: evaluating an educational model to introduce patients and caregivers to precision medicine information. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2016;2016:112–21.
- Giuse NB, Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Naylor HM, Chen S, Blasingame M, Anderson IA, Micheel CM, Levy MA, Ye F, Lovly CM. Guiding oncology patients through the maze of precision medicine. Journal of Health Communication. 2016 Apr 4;21(Supplement 1):5–17.
- Koonce TY, Giuse NB, Kusnoor SV, Hurley S, Ye F. A personalized approach to deliver health care information to diabetic patients in community care clinics. J Med Libr Assoc. 2015 Jul;103(3):123-30. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.103.3.004.
- Giuse NB, Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Ryland CR, Walden RR, Naylor HM, Williams AM, Jerome RJ. Strategically aligning a mandala of competencies to advance a transformative vision. J Med Libr Assoc. 2013 Oct;101(4):261-7.
- Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Storrow AB, Kusnoor SV, Ye F. Using health literacy and learning style preferences to optimize the delivery of health information. J Health Commun. 2012;17 Suppl 3:122-40.
- Koonce TY, Giuse NB, Storrow AB. A pilot study to evaluate a learning-style tailored information prescription for hypertensive emergency department patients. J Med Libr Assoc. October 2011; 99 (4): 280-9.
- Koonce TY, Sathe NA, Giuse DA, Jirjis J. Synthesis of informatics literature to support institutional policy statement development. Journal of the Medical Library Association, January 2008; 96(1): 3-11. doi: 10.3163/1536-5050.96.1.3.
- Koonce TY, Giuse DA, Beauregard JM, Giuse NB. Toward a more informed patient: bridging healthcare information to the patient through an interactive communication portal. Journal of the Medical Library Association, January 2007; 95 (1): 77-81.
- Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Jerome RN, Cahall M, Sathe N, Williams A. Evolution of a mature clinical informationist model. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. May-June 2005; 12(3): 249-55.
- Koonce TY, Giuse NB, Todd P. Evidence-based medicine databases versus the primary literature: an in-house investigation on their optimal use. Journal of the Medical Library Association, October 2004; 92 (4):407-411.
- Lyon J, Giuse NB, Williams A, Koonce T, Walden R. A model for training the new bioinformationist. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004 Apr;92(2):188-95.
- Williams A, Giuse NB, Koonce T, Kou Q, Giuse DA. Using knowledge management practices to develop a state-of-the-art digital library. Proceedings of Medinfo ’04, San Francisco, CA, September: 99-103.