Job Related Information
- Vice President for Knowledge Management
- Professor of Biomedical Informatics
- Director, Center for Knowledge Management
- Adjunct Professor, Meharry Medical College
Center for Knowledge Management
Area(s) of Responsibility:
- Public Relations
- Knowledge Management Overall Vision Goal Setting Planning
- Resource Allocation - Utilization
- Innovative Integration of Evidence into Heatlh IT tools, Clinical Decision
Support and Clinical Practice
- Application of Learning Styles and Literacy Levels to Patient Health Communication Strategies
Learning Framework Skills:
CV or Resumé
- Koonce TY, Blasingame MN, Zhao J, Williams AM, Su J, DesAutels SJ, Giuse DA, Clark JD, Fox ZE, Giuse NB. SPI-Hub™: A Gateway to Scholarly Publishing Information. Journal of the Medical Library Association, April 2020; 108(2):286-294.
- Kusnoor SV, Blasingame MN, Williams AM, DesAutels SJ, Su J, Giuse NB. A Narrative Review of the Impact of the Transition to ICD-10 and ICD-10-CM/PCS. JAMIA Open. Published online: 26 December 2019 https://doi.org/10.1093/jamiaopen/ooz066
- Fox ZE, Williams AM, Blasingame MN, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SK, Su J, Lee P, Epelbaum MI, Naylor HN, DesAutels SJ, Frakes ET, Giuse NB. Why Equating All Evidence Searches to Systematic Reviews Defies Their Role in Information Seeking. Journal of the Medical Library Association, Association, Oct. 2019; 107(4):613-617.
- Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Hurley ST, McClellan KM, Blasingame MN, Frakes ET, Huang LC, Epelbaum MI, Giuse NB. Collection of social determinants of health in the community clinic setting: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2018 Apr 24;18(1):550.
- Micheel CM, Anderson IA, Lee P, Chen SC, Justiss K, Giuse NB, Ye F, Kusnoor SV, Levy MA. Internet-based Assessment of Oncology Healthcare Professional Leaning Style and Optimization of Materials for Web-based Learning: Controlled Trial with Concealed Allocation. J Med Internet Res. 2017 Jul 25;19(7):e265.
- Prather AA, Gottlieb L, Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Stead WW, Adler NE. National Academy of Medicine social and behavioral measures: associations with self-reported health. J Prev Med. 2017 Mar 21. pii: S0749-3797(17)30157-5.
- Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Prather AA, Gottlieb LM, Huang LC, Phillips SE, Shyr Y, Adler NE, Stead WW. Institute of Medicine Measures of Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health: A Feasibility Study. Am J Prev Med. 2017 Feb;52(2):199-206.
- Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Levy MA, Lovly CM, Naylor HM, Anderson IA, Micheel CM, Chen S, Ye F, Giuse NB. My Cancer Genome: Evaluating an Educational Intervention Model to Introduce Patients and Caregivers to Precision Medicine. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2016 Jul 20;2016:112-21. eCollection 2016. PubMed PMID: 27570660
- Giuse NB, Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Naylor HM, Chen S, Blasingame M, Anderson IA, Micheel CM, Levy MA, Ye F, Lovly CM. Guiding Oncology Patients through the Maze of Precision Medicine. J Health Commun. Apr 4;21(Supplement 1):5-17.
- Koonce TY, Kusnoor SV, Giuse NB, Hurley S, Ye F. A Personalized Approach to Deliver Health Care Information to Diabetic Patients in Community Care Clinics. Journal of the Medical Library Association, July 2015; 103(3):123-30
- Giuse NB, Kusnoor SV, Koonce TY, Ryland CR, Walden RR, Naylor HM, Williams AM, Jerome RJ. Strategically Aligning a Mandala of Competencies to Advance a Transformative Vision. Journal of the Medical Library Association, October 2013; 101(4): 261 - 267.
- Giuse NB, Koonce TY, Storrow AB, Kusnoor SV, Fei Y. Using Health Literacy and Learning Style Preferences to Optimize the Delivery of Health Information. J Health Commun. 2012;17 Suppl 3:122-40
- Powers JS, Cahall M, Epelbaum M, Habermann R, Rosenstiel D, Giuse NB. Innovative Curricula: Incorporating Evidence into Clinical Teaching – Enhanced Geriatrics Specialty Case-Based Residency Presentations. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, March 2012; 4(1): 83-86.
- Koonce TY, Giuse NB, Storrow AB. A Pilot Study to Evaluate a Learning-Style Tailored Information Prescription for Hypertensive Emergency Department Patients. Journal of the Medical Library Association, October 2011; 99(4): 280-289.
- Giuse NB, Williams AM, Giuse DA. Integrating Best Evidence into Patient Care: A Process Facilitated by a Seamless Integration with Informatics Tools. Journal of the Medical Library Association, July 2010; 98(3):220-2.
- Giuse NB, Jerome RN, Koonce TY, Sathe NA, Walden RR. Editorial: Reflections on the Journal of the Medical Library Association. Journal of the Medical Library Association. October 2008;96(4): 285-6.
- Giuse NB, Jerome R, Koonce TY. Specialty-Specific Medical Librarians Provide Quick Access to Evidence-Based Research, Leading to Reports of Improvements in Clinician Decisionmaking. AHRQ Health Care Innovations Exchange, August 18, 2008.
- Giuse NB. Editorial: Riding the waves of change together: are we all paying attention? Journal of the Medical Library Association. April 2008;96(2):85-7.
- Mulvaney SA, Bickman LB, Giuse NB, Lambert WA, Sathe NA, Jerome RN. A Randomized Trial of Expert Information Provision in Clinical Rounds: Impact on Decision Making and Knowledge Implementation. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2008 Mar-Apr;15(2):203-11. Epub 2007 Dec 20.
- Jerome RN, Giuse NB, Rosenbloom ST, Arbogast PG. Exploring Clinician Adoption of a Novel Evidence Request Feature in an Electronic Medical Record System. J Med Libr Assoc. 2008 January; 96(1): 34-41.
- Sathe NA, Jerome RN, Giuse NB. Librarian-perceived Barriers to the Implementation of the Informationist/Information Specialist in Context Role. Journal of the Medical Library Association. July 2007; 95(3): 270-274.
- Koonce TY, Giuse DA, Beauregard JM, Giuse NB. Toward a More Informed Patient: Bridging Healthcare Information to the Patient through an Interactive Communication Portal.Journal of the Medical Library Association. January 2007; 95(1): 77-81.
- Giuse NB. Editorial: The Next Challenge: Where Do We Go from Here? Journal of the Medical Library Association. January 2007; 95(1).
- Giuse NB, Sathe N. Editorial: Evolutions in communication begin with small steps. Journal of the Medical Library Association. October 2006; 94(4): 373-74.
- Giuse NB. Editor's Column: Introduction and Future Directions. Journal of the Medical Library Association. July 2006; 94(3): 243.
- Giuse NB, Koonce T, Jerome RN, Cahall M, Sathe N, Williams A. Evolution of a Mature Clinical Informationist Model. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. May-June 2005; 12(3): 249-55.
- Rosenbloom ST, Giuse NB, Jerome RN, Blackford JU. Providing Evidence Based Answers to Complex Clinical Questions: Evaluating the Consistency of Article Selection. Acad Med. January 2005; 80(1):109-14.
- Koonce T, Giuse NB, Todd P. Evidence-based Databases versus Primary Medical Literature: an In-house Investigation on Their Optimal Use. J Med Libr Assoc. Oct 2004; 92(4):407-411.
- Sathe N, Lee P, Giuse NB. A Power Information User (PIU) Model to Promote Information Integration in Tennessee's Public Health Community. J Med Libr Assoc. Oct 2004; 92(4):459-464.
- Lyon J, Giuse NB, Williams A, Koonce T, Walden R. A Model for Training the New Bioinformationist. J Med Libr Assoc. Apr 2004; 92(2):188-95.
- Lee P, Giuse NB, Sathe NA. Benchmarking Information Needs and Use in the Tennessee Public Health Community. J Med Libr Assoc. Jul 2003; 91(3):322-36.
- Sathe NA, Grady JL, Giuse NB. Print versus Electronic Journals: a Preliminary Investigation into the Effect of Journal Format on Research Processes. J Med Libr Assoc. Apr 2002; 90(4):235-43.
- Florance V, Giuse NB, Ketchell DS. Information in Context: Integrating Information Specialists into Practice Settings. J Med Libr Assoc. Jan 2002; 90(1):49-58.
- Jerome RN, Giuse NB, Wilder KS, Sathe NA. Information Needs of Clinical Teams: Analysis of Questions Received by the Clinical Informatics Consult Service. Bull Med Libr Assoc. Apr 2001; 89(2):177-184.
- Williams MD, Wilder KS, Giuse NB, Sathe NA, Carrell D. The Patient Informatics Consult Service (PICS): an Approach for a Patient-centered Service. Bull Med Libr Assoc. Apr 2001; 89(2):185-193.
- Giuse NB. Clinical Medical Librarianship: Advancing the Practice of Clinical Medical Librarianship. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association. 1997; 85(4)437-438.
- Giuse NB, Huber JT, Kafantaris SR, Giuse DA, Miller MD, Giles DE Jr, Miller RA, Stead WW. Preparing Librarians to Meet the Challenge of Today's Health Care Environment. J Am Med Inform Assoc. Jan-Feb 1997; 4(1):57-67.
- Giuse NB, Huber JT, Giuse DA, Kafantaris SR, Stead WW. Integrating Health Sciences Librarians into Biomedicine. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association. 1996; 84(4):534-541.
- Stead WW, Borden R, Bourne J, Giuse DA, Giuse NB, Harris TR, Miller RA, Olsen A. The Vanderbilt University Fast Track to IAIMS: Transition from Planning to Operations. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 1996; 3(5):308-317.